An Outing into History
Gnandstein Castle sitting high on a rock spur towering over the place of the same name. It is Saxony’s best preserved Romanesque fortification. Its imposing shielding wall with the ward in front of it has visitors pause in awe.
Kriebsteiner Straße 7 | 09648 Kriebstein
Property of State Palaces, Castles and Gardens of Saxony, non profit
+49 (0) 34327 952-0
February to March
- Tue - Sun: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
April to October
- Tue - Fri: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Sat, Sun: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
· Sat/Sun/public holidays 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
December to January
- closed, except for special events
Mon: closed (except on public holidays)
Last admission half an hour before closing.
Outside opening hours, visits are possible on request.
Subject to modifications.