The medieval Kriebstein Castle is situated in central Saxony, directly at the heart of the triangle between the cities of Dresden-Chemnitz-Leipzig. You can easily reach us by car. Moreover, the castle is located on the hiking tour of the Saxon Luther Trail.
Arrival & map
Next City: Waldheim (4 km)
Nearest town: Waldheim (4 km)
How to get there:
By public transport
- by bus: Dresden - Waldheim (Sa) (about 60 km/37.5 mi)
- by rail: Waldheim (Sa) station -Kriebstein ( about 4 km/2.5 mi)
- from the south via A4 (Chemnitz - Dresden),
exit Hainichen (10 km/6.5 mi),
follow the touristic signposts (brown/white) to the castle. (Burg Kriebstein/Talsperre Kriebstein)
- from the north via A14 (Leipzig - Dresden),
exit Döbeln/Nord, take the road via Döbeln towards Waldheim to Kriebstein Castle (15 km/9.5 mi),
follow the touristic signposts to the castle. (Burg Kriebstein/Talsperre Kriebstein)
Here you can find us
Kriebsteiner Straße 7
February to March
- Tue - Sun: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
April to October
- Tue - Fri: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Sat, Sun: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
· Sat/Sun/public holidays 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
December to January
- closed, except for special events
Mon: closed (except on public holidays)
Last admission half an hour before closing.
Outside opening hours, visits are possible on request.
Subject to modifications.